Mardi Gras Cocktail
If you were ever to overindulge in food and drink, today would be the day to do it! Mardi Gras, also known as Fat Tuesday, is a celebration of food, entertainment and fun before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.
Even if you can’t make it down to Bourbon Street in New Orleans to partake in the festivities, share in a toast to the day with this recipe for Bourbon Slush!
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups strong brewed black tea
- 2 cups bourbon whiskey
- 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- In a large bowl or container, mix together the orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pineapple juice, sugar, tea, and whiskey. Transfer to shallow bowls or dishes, and freeze overnight.
- Remove the frozen mixture from the freezer and let stand for about 10 minutes. Chop with a wire whisk or potato masher to make a slushy consistency. Place scoops of the frozen slush into glasses, and top off with the lemon-lime flavored soda.